Saturday, June 16, 2007

Week 9 - Day 4

Today was the big first 5 miles @ run 2 / walk 1. Glenn, Jon and I headed down to the Nike Running Lounge in Toronto to check the place out. At 9:30AM they were hosting an open run, so we came prepared and ventured out for the 5 miles. Here are the results:

Total Distance: 5.00 mi
Total Time: 1:09:17
Avg Pace: 13:50/mi
Heart Rate: 148 bpm

The pace is slower, but expected really. I've never run that distance before. Also a lot of things against me; hot morning temperatures, unfamiliar course, a few steep hills, etc. It was just tough. A good experience though, I needed the challenge and I see the importance of changing things up.

Thanks guys for running with me. You were a big encouragement and motivator when negative thoughts started to creep into my mind.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

keep going, Mark! It sounds like you're really making progress. I think you're inspiring! All of you runners are! i'm very impressed!!!!!