Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 9 - Day 2

I moved up to run 2 / walk 1 today ... and boy did I ever get my butt kicked. Only a week ago I beat tonights pace and distance doing run 1 / walk 1!! Gotta say it feels like a set back.

Total Distance: 2.46 mi
Total Time: 30:00
Avg Pace: 12:11/mi
Heart Rate: 136 bpm

The breathing wasn't a problem tonight AT ALL, it ended up being stiffness in the legs and what seemed to be lack of energy and strength. Really started to slow down after the first 9 - 10 minutes in a big way. I'm noticing how many times now I've referred to feeling a lack of energy and strength in previous posts. Am I doing something wrong ... not eating quite right, not drinking enough fluids, not getting enough rest / sleep? Is my body inefficient? Flexibility issue? Were my laces a bit too snug today? Who knows.

I can only assume things will continue to improve like they have in the past. These regular changes in the routine seem to always reek a bit of havoc at first. Surely Thursday will go better?

=)

No comments: