Saturday, July 14, 2007

Week 13 - Day 4

Another 5 miles for the history books and I'm very happy with this run. It went far better than the first time I ran the same distance, so today it's great to see the progress! Here are the results:

Total Distance: 5.00 mi
Total Time: 59.49
Avg Pace: 11:58/mi
Heart Rate: 139 bpm

That's 9.51 minutes off the first time I ran 5 miles with Glenn and Jon at the Nike Running Lounge, almost a month to the day! Over the last 1.5 miles or so I didn't even stop for my 1 minute walks, I just kept running! Everything seemed to fall in place for this run. Nice cool weather, good hydration, no tightness in the lower legs, and the breathing didn't feel exerted. I actually felt a good "buzz" once I got in the door. Is this what everyone keeps running for?

Tomorrow will be a 20 minute run, and will also be the last time I do Run 4 / Walk 1.


3 comments:

Sherri Lavender said...

Great progress!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! That's awesome. :)
I can't wait to get back at it.

glennlavender said...

Looks like you got your first running high Mark!! Ha ha ha.