Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Week 14 - Day 2

Well I should have known all good things don't last. Today's run just felt terrible! The legs were tired and stiff. They would just not loosen up! Generally felt a lack of strength and energy too. My mind was telling the body to go, but it was like something was holding it back. Weird. So I did a Run 5 / Walk 1 over 30 minutes for the first time and the results sorta stink:

Total Distance: 2.47 mi
Total Time: 30:00
Avg Pace: 12:09/mi
Heart Rate: 126 bpm

My last 30 minutes of Run 4 / Walk 1 was even better than this and even managed a further distance. Ah well I think I need another day of good rest and recovery before I run again on Thursday. My first 9 mile run is coming up on Saturday, a big milestone, so I'd really like to be prepared as much as I can.

No comments: