Saturday, July 28, 2007

Week 15 - Day 4

I have been feeling pretty disappointed with the run today. Although my time and pace where improved from the last time I ran 6 miles, I really felt void of strength and energy through most of the run, especially when I hit the 4 mile mark. Those last two miles where far from enjoyable. Why? I'm really just not sure. Thought I was hydrated enough, figured I had eaten enough of the right things, and felt I was rested enough. Maybe today the only thing giving me trouble was my mind. Ah well, not every run goes as planned. Here are the results:

Total Distance: 6.0 mi
Total Time: 1:10:51
Avg Pace: 11:48/mi
Heart Rate: 136 bpm

Maybe I'll be feeling better on tomorrow's short 20 minute run. I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man! I'm enjoying your blog - I've been stopping by from time to time to check up on your progress. I was just telling Glenn the other day (on a run, of course!) that you're doing a great job. Keep it up - these disappointing runs happen from time to time, but you're right - the next one will be fine. Just remember to enjoy it - that will make it much easier to get back out on the road again! Later...