Saturday, July 21, 2007

Week 14 - Day 4

Boy am I ever glad I took that break from running on Thursday. 9 miles certainly is a long run to me, but it went very well over all! The only challenge I found was in the last 2 miles where I started to feel a fair bit of discomfort and soreness around the hip flexor muscles in my right leg. It was enough that I think it slowed my pace a bit. Here are the results:

Total Distance: 9.0 mi
Total Time: 1:52:05
Avg Pace: 12:27/mi
Heart Rate: 140 bpm

Actually I think that pace is quite good considering that my regular 30 minute run isn't that much faster. Looks like that pace would also get me under 2:40:00 for the 1/2 marathon which was my initial set goal, so likely I can improve on that a fair bit before January! I though it was impressive that I also burned 1248 calories on this run today as well. I doubt I've ever burned so many in one day before!

Not sure if I should be running tomorrow with the hip feeling the way it does now. Will have to wait and see before I make my decision.

No comments: