Sunday, May 27, 2007

Week 7 - Day 1 ... I'm Back!

For those that you have noticed recently ... this is my first post in a week. I made a really hard decision a week ago today to take a relatively short break from running to give the lower legs some needed rest and re-cooperation. I have to say making the choice to do so was really stressing me out in a big way. Looking back now I'm glad I did it, and I hope it has paid off.

So I'm just back from my last walk 1 / run 2 and it felt pretty good. The discomfort I had been feeling the last week of running has subsided significantly ... for now anyway. After the 30 minutes I felt like I could have gone for another 15. Also, 10 minutes in my Garmin died so I have no stats to post. Looks like the battery hadn't been fully charged, but I'll be more prepared for Tuesday. I didn't have a watch on either, so I did my best to approximate the walk 1 / run 2 based on the course I usually run. A new challenge coming on Tuesday ... walk 1 / run 1.

=)

Going to post again tomorrow, just on a few other things I want to share. Stay tuned!

No comments: