Sunday, May 6, 2007

Week 5 - Day 1

Instead of traveling back to Oshawa last night, I ended up going to Guelph to visit a bunch of friends. Again, things have been changed up a bit for running conditions. Today the goal was to move from run 1 / walk 4 to run 1 / walk 3. I went out later in the evening around 10:30pm and did most of the running along Gordon Street (old Highway 6). The big difference here is the roads are very flat, and I think it shows here in the following stats:

Total Distance: 2.12 mi
Total Time: 30:00
Avg Pace: 14:10 /mi
Heart Rate: 137 bpm

That's a fair amount of improvement in my eyes. Knocked over a minute off my pace! Goes to show what inclines can do to your stamina. My breathing was much improved in this run. There is still some tightness in the legs, but I suspect going by previous runs it will slowly diminish (so I hope). I was quite happy with the run tonight!

2 comments:

Carla said...

hey, just thought I'd encourage you a bit more
WAY TO GO!!
I'm proud of you

Anonymous said...

The fruit of your early training will pay off! Keep the focus on minor improvements and you will do awesome. You will enjoy the race, the atmosphere is great and of course the Donald Duck medal is nice too!

Good luck with your training.