Saturday, April 28, 2007

Week 3 - Day 4 ... Part B!

Had a good time bowling tonight at the birthday party, although my score wasn't the greatest! Most everyone went to Apple Jack's for dessert afterwards. I ended up having a strawberry smoothy and a piece of chocolate cake.

By the time I got home I was feeling pretty guilty. I've really been trying hard to watch what I eat since I started this training. So what did I do? I strapped on the runners again! After feeling bummed about the results of "testing the waters" earlier in the week ... I even gave that another try and successfully completed 4 sets of run for 1, walk for 4! It didn't feel so bad either, although the in between walks were a bit slower than normal.

Total Distance: 1.1 mi
Total Time: 20:00
Avg Pace: 16:01 /mi
Heart Rate: N/A

I forgot to strap on the heart monitor, so as you can see that info wasn't available.

Since I'll have to do run for 1 and walk for 4 on Tuesday for 45 minutes, I'll go back to the normal schedule of 30 minutes walk tomorrow. Monday will be a needed break before the real stuff starts on Tuesday!

1 comment:

glennlavender said...

We were just reading your blog together and that's great news! Woo hoo! Good for you! We're glad you had a positive experience with the running.

Don't need to feel too bad about an occasional strawberry smoothie... Or even an occasional piece of chocolate cake! All in moderation!