Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Week 2 - Day 2

Well I'm just back from my walk and I can't say I enjoyed it that much. I stretched and all, but a few minutes after heading out my legs felt like bricks and it never got better after that. The strength just didn't seem to be there and I'm not sure why. It was a fight to keep up a decent pace and all I was feeling was tightness and burn. Maybe I pushed too hard on Sunday's walk. I didn't sleep the greatest last night either, so maybe that contributed in a negative way. I've been eating well though and getting in plenty of fluids. Here are today's stats:

Total Distance: 1.66 mi
Total Time: 30:41
Avg Pace: 18:32 /mi
Avg Heart Rate: 118 bpm

Let's hope Thursday turns out different than today.

2 comments:

Sherri Lavender said...

Great to hear your lower right leg has improved, and the garmin is handy for sure!

But sorry to hear that today's walk was less than you hoped. Perhaps you're right about the sleep-deprivation and pushing yourself to hard on Sunday?!

I've heard that stretching when your muscles are 'too cold' can do more harm than good -- maybe you could do a little internet research on that topic?!

Sherri Lavender said...

anxiously awaiting Thursday's update...