Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Garmin Forerunner 305

In a previous post I made a comment about acquiring a Garmin device to keep better track of my distance, pace, calories burned, & heart rate. Well I started looking around on the web and found a great deal on the Forerunner 305.

If I were to head over to my local Running room, it retails there for $409.00! That's not cheap!! I was able to get it at GPScity.ca for $334.95. On top of that I don't have to pay provincial taxes because they are located in Alberta, and Garmin is also offering a $50 US rebate if purchased before May 14, 2007. So in the end I get it for $277.95 before tax and shipping. Still not cheap, but that's a considerable savings!

I should have it before the end of the week, so when it arrives you'll start seeing some proper stats here regarding my training!

3 comments:

The War College said...

ebay mark.. I got mine fo 245USD.. no taxes.

Mark said...

Very nice! That's about $279 CAN so we got it for about the same, other than the federal tax I'd be paying as you said. I did check out eBay, but I didn't want to buy from the USA. I couldn't find the product listed under any Canadian sellers. eBay has been great though for the items I've wanted that I've found there!

Krista said...

Drool......