Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Week 17 - Day 2

Tonight I started Run 7 / Walk 1 for the first time. Things aren't feeling any better with the legs since the 10 mile run on Saturday, and if anything they are worse. I'm getting a bit concerned. For the first time ever, I felt tightness in my right knee. Generally all the lower legs muscles are feeling pretty burnt out right now. Wasn't able to keep up to the BPM either on a few regular tracks I listen to when I'm running, so it's obvious something isn't quite right. Here are the results:

Total Distance: 2.55 mi
Total Time: 30:00
Avg Pace: 11:47/mi
Heart Rate: 126 bpm

Maybe I need to ice the lower leg muscles again, it's been quite awhile since I've had to do so. Some additional stretching might help too? I'm even considering doing what I did in this previous post, depending on how I'm feeling before Thursday's run. So close to 13 miles, legs don't stop on me now!

1 comment:

jfordhill said...

When I was all messed up after a 15K, alfalfa helped me with issues similar to yours. I'd recommend Shaklee. Been using it for 29 years and it's proven to be the best.

Drop me a line at jfordhill@yahoo.com